Monday, May 24, 2021

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "One More Month"

Exactly one more month till I will be in South Africa. I got a call from my mission President confirming that I am leaving June 24. It also sounds like there are going to be a couple other Elders that are also going on that same day so it will good to have someone with me for the 30 hours of travel there. Now I have to plan how to fit all of my stuff in one suitcase so I can travel. We also had some pretty crazy things happen this week. So in one of our wards there is a inactive member that Elders had called probably 4 months ago and he said that he wants them to teach his fiance so she can get baptized. So of course everyone since then has tried to meet with him but they didn't know exactly where he lived. Finally, we were able to get his address but everytime we have tried no one has been home. So we were going throughout our day and one of our lessons cancel. So then we were like, well, what now. So we were just biking and we came to this street and we saw some young kids playing and they said "church people, come to our house. I knew you would come today." So they showed us their house and we were able to talk to this inactive guy and we were able to set up two lessons every week for now on "unless we need more" is what he said. So our first lesson is tomorrow with them and he wants to come back to church and to baptize his fiance. So that was cool. On our way to church yesterday we were biking and we probably had a mile left and my tire blows out. I dont know how it popped but the tire is absolutely destroyed. So all of yesterday we had to walk everywhere. We also got a text from a super cool member that has been having his friend come to church for a month. Now this guy invited his neighbor to come and he wants to meet with us. So that was super cool. Our dope member is trying to find a time that we can teach him. On our way to church yesterday we still had about a mile and a half to go when my tire blew. It was absolutely destroyed. So we had to walk everywhere till I get a new tube. This morning we helped this part member family that we are teaching move out. We didn't get to teach them too much but we are going to have the Elders to where they're going help them so that will be good. From now on the temperature here is just going to be hot and more hot. Not looking forward to it. Our Bishop in ward council yesterday was awesome. For a little spiritual thought he showed the Rocky scene of him running. That was awesome. He also has a gladiator helmet at his house. My companion has seen next to nothing for movies so I have to explain everything to him about what's happening. Even if I quote a movie he has no idea. All is well though. I am officially a 1/3 of the way done. 

Alma 57:27
"Now this was the faith of these of whom I have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually."

No comments:

Post a Comment