Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "Bomb Threat"

So this last week and a half has been super crazy. I will leave the exciting subject line to the end for anticipation reasonings. So first, the best miracle this week was that our Mission Pres. said that BASKETBALL IS BACK!!! So for 2 hours this morning we went to the church and played ball. I never thought this day would ever come. I do say that it will probably take a month before some stupid accident happens and basketball is banned again. It is also transfers today and surprisingly Elder Braden and I are staying together in the same area. So we get to grind this area for another transfer basically to when I leave for SA. I haven't heard anything personally about when I'm going from either the office or my Mission Pres. but I am pretty sure from what I have heard that the end of June us when I am leaving. Thank goodness too because that is when it starts to get super hot here. We also said goodbye to Elder Willden who is becoming a DL somewhere else. But, Elder Johnson's new Comp is Elder Simmons, who was with me before I was with Elder Braden. So our house is going to be awesome once again. So this week we had a miracle with this one family. It's a part member family and its two sister and the fiance of one. So he has been investigating the church for a long time but has had some pretty bad missionaries in the past. They told us at one point the expressed some concerns to these Sister missionaries and the conversation got to a big argument to point that one of the Sister missionaries was slamming her fists on the table. We were sitting there as they were telling us this and we were just in shock from what they were telling us. They also said that every lesson with past missionaries they would say "you should get married this week so we can baptize you this tuesday." WHO THE HECK SAYS THAT. So after those experiences they haven't met with missionaries for over a year. But finally we were able to meet with them and it's really interesting with the things they told us. Cliff, the non member has some legit concerns and questions, but then the Sister is there questioning everything we say and herself. She would say stuff but then say bui just dont have any faith in it. It was so frustrating to here her talk, but then her sister, who they are both not active, roasted her by saying that she did have that faith at some point and that she lost it and doesnt have the desire to bring it back again. Unfortunately they are moving next week so we wont be able to meet with them much more before they leave. We also got to help these non members move and they got this new house with 5 acres that had this big hill. It was super cool. We took a photo up there next to a cactus which I included. They also gave us these paintball guns and I got the one airsoft gun. So that was super cool. So anytime my companion is out of line I just have to load the airsoft gun to hush him. We also talked to this one guy on this busy street right outside our apartment and he was so funny. He gave three reasons (very weak) that he wouldnt join the church. He was so funny though that at one point he turned on some wierd music and started dancing on the street with us watching him and all the cars passing by. We also have this cool member that has invited this non member to come to church. Well this non member now started talking to his neighbor and invited him to come to church. So we have this guy doing missionary work now.  It's been so cool. The member said that probably in a week or two we can start teaching him. Now for the craziest thing that happened. We live literally across the street from walmart. So one day we are biking home and there are probably a dozen cop cars, ambulances, and fire trucks with helicopters flying over and it was wierd. We come to find out that it was a bomb threat at the walmart. Unfortunately this guy wouldnt turn himself in or something and I dont know all the details, but they had to shoot and kill this guy. This all happened just before we got to our apartment. So today we are going to walmart to get our groceries so hopefully nothing like that happens again. Well the mission would be pretty bland if stuff like this happened so just have to make it interesting. 

Ether 12:6 "And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."

Elder Leuck

P.S. goodbye photo with our district. Some basketball this morning. The other Elders brought a toilet so we took some photos. A nice view after we helped that one family






No comments:

Post a Comment