Lots of good news this week. We now don't have to wear masks anymore as long as we are fully vaccinated. I never thought that this day would come. I also got my Visa and passport back so I am all ready to go to Soith Africa. I do have to take two covid tests in order to go. It's also 24 hours in the air so I can't imagine how dead I am going to feel after that long. My flights will take from Phoenix to Atlanta, Atlanta to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Johannesburg, and finally Johannesburg to Durban. So it's going to be a long day, but I am super excited to go soon. My Comp also has his visa and he was told that he can get a call and be gone in two weeks. So he might leave around the same time I go. So I think last I said that there was this member that had invited his neighbor to church. Now this neighbor had invited his neighbor to come to church as well. So we got to meet him and he is super cool. He is from France and one of our members served in France so they had an entire conversation in French which was kind of cool. He said "I am currently religion shopping" so we set up a lesson with him next week. He said he has lots of question and he needs answers. He also has a wife that has some mental problems and ever since they have been here she has these little day dreams thinking that "the mormons are going to steal my kids and trash cans." Lionel, the guy we are meeting knows that she is just having these imaginations and pretty much laughed about it. We will see how it goes. He shared a little with us and he said that he hasn't found a church that believes everything that he stands for and the things he shared is exactly the churches stance on things. When we first saw him pull up to church in his brand new Camaro, he had these sick shades and these baggy pants on. Elder Braden and I looked at each other and new immediately that that was Lionel. So hopefully it goes well with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment