Monday, March 15, 2021

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "Almost a 1/4 done"

One of our wards had stake conference yesterday so last week we decided to fast to find people to teach and we got a bunch of members to fast as well. Well, monday night, after I had already sent my weekly email, we had a lesson with this guy (the one that asked for the four bibles) who fed us dinner and we were able to have a lesson with him and one of his nephews. So just like that we found 2 people. Then Tuesday, we are knocking doors, and this guy just pulled into his house. So we knock and he invited us in. He is a pastor for a community church here and has actually had lessons with the missionaries before but stopped due to covid. He's super cool and is just one of the people that just love to talk religion. So we had a lesson right there with him and we have found three people now within two days. This is also the week before because I missed my email from last week. So that was two weeks ago. 

We have also had good conversations with some people that could be potentials but we are working on that. We gave away three Book of Mormon's this week. One, we got a referral from this other Elder and all he told us is that he works at Wienerschnitzel. So we go to Wienerschnitzel and they only do drive thru. So we ordered some food (which was really expensive. Not worth it) and asked the guy giving us our food if our referral guy was there. Unfortunately he wasnt, so we told him to give the other guy a Book of Mormon which we handed to him through the drive thru. We then got our food and left. I dont know of anyone that has ever given a Book of Mormon through a drive thru but that was hilarious. We also had a lesson with this guy that we found from facebook that Antied us for 45 minutes. It was so funny, I dont think he even understood what he was saying. He was super nice about it saying that he didn't want this to turn into an argument, and how we are brothers and he loves us. His points were really weak and I was so prepared to basically prove him wrong (I would've done it nicely though) but my companion just wanted to end the conversation. He wouldn't really listen to us either. He never has tried reading the Book of Mormon but said that it couldn't be true. That was a fun experience. Also, some good news about South Africa. I think this past week a couple missionaries have already left to go to South Africa. So I just finished my visa paperwork and turned it all in today so now I am just waiting for it to return and I will be soon travelling for 30 hours (that's how long it takes with all the lay overs) to go to South Africa. When I mean soon, it will probably be over a month out. That's how long I've been told it takes to get it all approved. Time has gone by fast and I've only heard it goes faster. 

Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Elder Leuck

No comments:

Post a Comment