Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "Transferred again"

So this transfer went by so fast and I am leaving the area. I have just started my third transfer and I have had now three areas and three companions. President I guess doesn't know what to do with me. My companion is training a brand new Elder so he came in last night and because I am leaving today I got to sleep on the couch. But this past week has been amazing which makes it difficult now for me to leave. Our area has literally been fire this week. One of the people that we have been teaching has had the lessons before and is now taking it for the third time. Before she wasn't all into it but now she said she is doing this for herself. She had a question about the commandments so our lesson was focused on that. When we brought up baptism she immediately started to cry. We asked her if she wanted to be baptized and she said YES. We then asked her to pray to know a date that would work. A couple days ago they texted back saying that they have one and want to meet again. Although I am leaving the area, and depending what happens in the future I will be going to the baptism if everything goes as plan. Then the family where the parents were baptized a while ago is now taking the lessons. There are three kids, two girls and one boy. When we had our first lesson with them the 11 year old boy said "I dont believe in any of this." So we had to start from the very beginning with him. It will take some time to get him ready. The girls however are super prepared. We could actually put then on date but we will have to talk to the parents first to see what they want to do. Then we had two members call us and said that there are people that are interested in the Church. We haven't met with them yet but the work doesn't stop. We also had a wierd experience with a less active. It's hard to put the whole situation in words but hopefully this makes sense. We were trying to call members to set up lessons when we called this one person. She answered and when we said it was was the missionaries she said that she wanted to share her testimony to us. We didn't know her but we said sure and she then says that it will take 7 minutes. The whole call lasted about twenty. But during her testimony/story she was baptized a couple years ago and then had a bad experience. She decided to go atheist but then couldn't bring herself to thinking that God isn't real. She then goes on to share how she had these "spiritual" moments or "powers" which is what she said. She would be able to look at someone and be able to see things and if she imagined something to happen it would actually happen. She then said that this "power" was given to her by the devil and that the devil came to her like an angel. She then forced herself to change and her "powers" are now gone and she is a spiritual person now believing in the bible. She then prayed for us which was a little wierd. It's hard to imagine through the email but the entire call was so funny and weird. So my new area is where my companion had served a while ago. He literally took my phone and made about a dozen contacts for people that I have to visit. I heard that Queen Creek which is where I am at now is also really nice. Good news about South Africa is that it's open and people are now able to go back. So now I need to turn in my Visa stuff and wait for that. 

Mark 8:35 "For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it."

Elder Leuck

P.S. one family for dinner wanted to make it fun since our covid rules says we have to be at a different table. They made it a nice candlelight dinner and one of the kids was playing the harpsichord for us. The first photo is our entire zone with our awesome senior couple. The other two were taken at a service we were doing digging trenches.





No comments:

Post a Comment