Monday, January 4, 2021

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "Happy New Year"

The last email I sent last week I said that everything was great. Then an hour later we go into quarantine because we found out that the Elders we live with was with a family that tested positive for Covid as well as one of them was feeling sick. So this entire week we have only been out of the house only when we take a walk around the neighborhood. So we got tested and turned out that we are all negative. So an entire week of being stuck inside was not needed. So our focus for that entire week was text and call everyone. Had a couple good conversations but nothing has come from them yet. Since we had lots of time on our hands we also did facebook work which I think sucks. I dont like Facebook at all. I feel like it is such a waste of time. But I didn't really find any success but my companion had a couple people message him about trying to learn English. So we might be doing that later. We will see how that goes. We have a lesson planned this week with the kids of the parents that we baptized a couple weeks ago. We as well as the family are really excited. Since we were quarantined for New Years we did celebrate in a way. We made a bon fire just out of random stuff that we had like extra cardboard and a broken wooden chair in our backyard (which technically isn't allowed) and we each chugged an entire Martinelli. We felt so sick after that. Most of us couldn't even finish it all. One Elder though probably finished his within a minute. The other thing is that this week is my last week being trained. This transfer has gone by so fast. That also means that next week is transfers and who knows what will happen with that.  My companion is saying that I am going to train next transfer. Hopefully that's not the case but things like that happen. 

Elder Leuck

No comments:

Post a Comment