Monday, July 18, 2022

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "Surprise, Emergency Transfer"

So this last week was really good, except the fact that we got a call from our new Mission President. Normally when your mission president calls its big news, sometimes good, sometimes bad. The previous week was transfers and we were told that Elder Hadfield and I will be staying together. So when we answered the phone he wanted to speak to Elder Hadfield. I didn't hear the whole conversation, but he told me after that he is getting transferred to Madadeni to replace an Elder who is going home, and that I will be receiving a new companion. 

So tomorrow morning is transfers for us and I will be receiving Elder Mackey to replace Elder Hadfield. We were very surprised by the call and to be honest I was looking forward to another transfer with him. But there isn't anything I can do about that. This last week we have been getting this lady ready for baptism for the 24th of July. We are really excited for her. A close friend of hers in the ward asked her if she could postpone the baptism a week because she got news that she has to work that day. We'll in response to that she reads Alma 34:33 to this member telling her that she can't procrastinate the day of her repentance. When she told us this we were shocked. She also is going to be going to the Temple in August with the ward. So we are super excited for her. Its sad that Elder Hadfield won't be there for it, but there is nothing stopping her from getting baptized as we have seen. 

Elder Leuck



No comments:

Post a Comment