So this week was amazing. I had the opportunity to baptize these two great kids named Samu and Ezmerelda. They are very inspiring for us and for their family. Their mother is not active anymore, so she doesn't come to church. But these two kids will walk by themselves just so that they can come to church. Then the day of their baptism we were able to convince their mother to join us on their special day. She told me after that she has never seen them more happy, and that they are a great example for her. These kids are 9 and 12 years old. It was a really great to be able to teach and baptize them.
We have also found a lot more people to teach from just this one place. It started off with this guy we met about two months ago who told us he wanted to learn more. When we tried to knock on his house a different guy answered and when we asked for the name of the guy we were supposed to meet he was very confused. So we kind of forgot about it until we finally met him again this last week. So we have been able to visit with him and he's amazing. We gave him a Book of Mormon and he read all of 1 Nephi in a single day. Now he hasn't read everything cover to cover but he jumps around when he reads and he can pretty much tell you a majority of things that are in the Book of Mormon. He's like a sponge that just soaks up everything that he reads.
I don't know what us happening but my Gmail and internet isn't really working. But this is the rest of this week.
So at that same place with that guy, we have also taught a lot of his friends and extended family as well. At one point we had a bunch of people over so my conpaniona and I broke off and started teaching our own group of people. It was kind of fun just teaching by myself to like an audience almost.
At that same place, there is a 17 years old kid in high school that we are also teaching. He has his math exam coming up and so I've been helping him study and prepare for his exam. I haven't done real math in about two years, so it took me a second to remember how to do algebra again. I never imagined I would do math on the mission. On the mission your supposed to forget all about school, classes, and homework. But this week has been really good and I am excited to see how the rest of this transfer goes.
Elder Leuck
No comments:
Post a Comment