So this week I have officially been out for a year now which is kind of crazy to think about. But now with transfers I am training a new missionary who has only been out for a transfer. He is great but he has a lot to learn about South Africa. He is kind of in a culture shock that he is now in Africa. This last week Elder Elkins pretty much said goodbye to everyone because he left to go to Richard's Bay which is on the East coast of south Africa. The kids Siyanda and Snako I guess have been really busy doing this school project so we didn't have the baptism this last week, but we are planning for this sunday. Thats if we can finish teaching the last two things to them. Then my companion Elder Elkins also kind of got stabbed this last week as well. Part of it is kind of his fault but at the same time the kid that got him is beyond crazy. Elder Elkins in a way tries to parent these kids. So with this crazy kid the kids were all wrestling and fighting but playfully, and Elder Elkins had to get in the middle of it. So this crazy kid then picks up this big sewing needle. So Elder Elkins tried to take it away from him and in the process he got stabbed in the hand with it. I was there on the couch showing Siyanda some Book of Mormon videos when this was all happening. I though it was pretty funny. The wound wasn't bad at all. He is perfectly fine. We will see how this next transfer goes as now I have to train Elder Tuia who is from Idaho.
No comments:
Post a Comment