Monday, September 13, 2021

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "I am Zulu now"

This last week has been good. We are planning the baptism to be this Sunday instead of yesterday. We just have to finish teaching them a couple more things and they will be ready. Transfers are this Saturday and we find out what is happening tomorrow. Elder Elkins feels that he will be leaving which kind of sucks because he would miss the baptism which will be the following day after transfers. During my interview with my mission president he told me that he thinks that I am ready to train. He said it will either happen this next transfer or the following. So that will be fun getting a greenie to train. If I do get a greenie then his first real day in the field will be a baptism. What a great way to get someone going. 

Had another weird story that involves another drunk guy. We went with the other Elders to visit a member and we were sharing scriptures when some of her extended family who aren't active came in for the lesson as well. One of them was extremely drunk and the other two weren't all there either. After talking for a while they once again liked me and my companion (because we are white) and said that we were part of his family. So he gave me a new Zulu name. I am now Sizwe according to that family. Sizwe translates to nation. Now I can just tell people that my name is Sizwe and they would understand a lot more then if I say Elder Leuck. 

One Elder is leaving on Wednesday so these next two days we are going to spend some more time with him. We are making him some final meals and I am in charge of dessert so I am doing Chocolate oreo cheesecake. I made it probably two weeks ago and it turned out really well so I will send it and do it again. My companion also broke our phone so for a couple days  we didn't have a phone. It was kind of nice because we got a little break from all the facebook messaging. But then when we had zone conference our mission president got us a new one. I also had to give a talk for zone conference as well as give an entire training so I had to do that. So that is whats happened so far, I guess this next week a lot more things will happen so I will let you all know next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment