Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "5 months"

Just finished my third transfer. I have now been out for 5 months. Fortunately, I am actually staying in my area this time. Unfortunately, my companion is moving out today. My new companion though was in my district before so I already know him. Should be an easy transition at least. 

I was able to attend the Bolings baptism this last week. That was amazing! The father was able to perform the baptism for the three of his kids. Then the two older girls shared their testimony which was really good. They are such an awesome family. See photos attached. We then that same day had Kailans baptism. It was kind of crazy since the font was leaking. We had to fill it with a hose and the font made these wierd sounds as it tried to drain. Other than that it was really good. The father was able to baptize her as well. Had a really good turnout of people to support them which was really needed. See photos attached. 
This transfer has gone by so fast. It truly feels like it's been about two weeks in. Time has been flying by. We had breakfast with this one guy who is in his 80s that we do yardwork for and he made us steak, potatoes, green beans then gave us some ice cream. It was really good but it was a little wierd that he made it for breakfast. It's still February and it's been in the high 70s recently. It shouldn't be like that. It actually feels really hot. I guess I am just not used to the constant dry heat. It's also been fun to see people reaction for when I tell them that I am supposed to be in South Africa and how my companion was supposed to be in Costa Rica. They start to apologize to us about AZ and say how amazing that would be to actually be in our original assignment. So far Arizona is tolerable, but I am not so sure when it gets to be 120⁰ outside. I better be out of the country when it gets to that point. 
John 14:18 "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."

Elder Leuck






No comments:

Post a Comment