Monday, October 19, 2020

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "I will survive"

I just completed my first week in Arizona and I still don't know why people are able to live here. For the most part the high has been about 100 to high 90s. If you think that's bad I get to bike 5 miles in that heat just to get to my assigned area. I haven't passed out yet though. The water here is also disgusting and for the most part we only drink from water bottles. I really miss Washington water and trees. The area that I am over is huge. Over 700 people and 200 house holds. Plus, every week apparently more people are moving in. It's a developing area so half of my area is still desert and or in the process of being built. I just arrived just as things started to open up more for missionary work. Everything is still pretty restricted but now we can bike five miles in 100 heat instead of stay in a air conditioned apartment. The members here are awesome, every available dinner is booked and they just love us here and also are so welcoming. About every day while we're biking we get honked at 5 times a day. 

On Thursday we just got done with a member lesson and were biking home. It was dark going through the neighborhood as it was at night. We then saw a woman walking this puppy where we then stopped to talk to her and say hi to this beautiful husky puppy. By the end of our conversation we were able to give here a Book of Mormon and invited here to read it even though she was very catholic. She accepted and went on her way and we went on ours. That was mine and my companions first Book of Mormon we were able to give. Apparently, some other members know her and she has heard some of the lessons before from them. This week we are planning on meeting with her to see if she is interested.

Alma 31:34-35 O Lord, wilt thou grant unto us that we may have success in bringing them again unto thee in Christ.  Behold, O Lord, their souls are precious, and many of them are our brethren; therefore, give unto us, O Lord, power and wisdom that we may bring these, our brethren, again unto thee.

Elder Leuck

No comments:

Post a Comment