Isaiah came home today and it was so exciting! Except for the part where he and John were lying to me for a few weeks. Apparently those two decided it would be fun to “surprise” me by saying Isaiah was coming home on Sunday, October 2nd, instead of his original plans of arriving on Saturday, October 1st. This way, Isaiah could come home a day early and surprise me. But… there were a few red flags with their plan. First, why was Isaiah’s itinerary sent to John’s work? The mission home never had John’s work e-mail and always used our comcast account. Second, the itinerary that John sent me, didn’t make any sense. The times were way off. Third… the church doesn’t fly missionaries home on Sunday’s because that is the Sabbath day. But, what really confirmed my suspicions, was when the Stake Executive Secretary e-mailed us the date for Isaiah’s release meeting with the Stake President, which was happening on Saturday, October 1. So, that’s when I was able to confront John and he CAVED and told me everything.
Now the problem was, do we let Isaiah know that I know, or do we surprise the surpriser? We decided to surprise Isaiah by having me show up at the airport. I am so glad I was able to be at the airport there for that moment because when I saw Isaiah come through the security gate my heart just about burst and I couldn’t help but run and give him a big hug. Plus I told him he was in big trouble for the lie! Here was my quiet boy, who looked more like a man than ever, shedding a few tears with me and I am so glad I was there.
Sorry your plan didn’t work, Isaiah. And yes, you’re still in trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment