This week started great but ended in a total disaster. Saturday was a national holiday for South Africa called Heritage Day. This is a Day where they celebrate all the many different cultures in South Africa like Zulu, Sotho, Tswana, Venda, Xhosa, and many more (try pronouncing some of these). So that was on Saturday and the while stake relief society wanted to do an activity to celebrate. So they made a big party in which we got invited to go as well.
The party was great! There was lots of food, fun songs, dancing, and lots of food. Pictures included. We learned about each of the many cultures and had a great time with them. Finally it was time to go and we went home. That night was the worst night of my life, and I wasn't the only one. All five of us missionaries that went all got sick that night. The worst was that it continued all the way through Sunday. So all of us were taking turns in the bathroom. But then we found out that everyone is sick, and it's not just us. This sister who helped with the party said that there was something wrong with the stew that they served us and now everyone has food poisoning. So that's how I've spent my last Sunday here on South Africa.
I can't believe it's now been 2 years. It's sad to say goodbye but I'm excited to be home. I'll see everyone next week!
Elder Leuck
The pictures from the party was the Bloemanda ward relief society that I serve with. Then the other pictures are from a few people I said goodbye to.







No comments:
Post a Comment