This last week has been a blast. We've been able to visit with lots of people, even the crazy sangomas at times. But we have put two kids on date. One is a fourteen year old boy, the other is a girl about the same age. It was funny when we were teaching Samke, the girl about baptism. We taught her about baptism by water then baptism by "Fire", or the holy ghost. I told her that after she comes out of the water we make a big fire and we throw her in to dry her off. Her reaction was priceless 🤣. She probably had second thoughts about getting baptized after that remark but she is still super excited about it.
So I am no longer in Zulu land anymore. Here in Freestate they speak both Sesotho and Tswana. So now I have completely no idea what people are saying anymore. I went from one simple language, to now two, more complicated and entirely different languages. So I still struggle to even say hello in Sesotho since I am so used to saying Sawubona (hello in Zulu).
Elder Leuck
The sunrise picture is from our front door looking out on our area the township Bloemanda. We got fed two interesting things this week. One of chicken heart, and the other was chicken feet. Both are very good. Then there was these cute kids that took our tags and wore them and they wanted to give us a pretend haircut.





No comments:
Post a Comment