Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "Fridge and eggs"

So this last week was kind of weird. It was busy, slow, boring, exciting, and everything else. To start our week we have been having an issues with our fridge for a long time. So the senior couple said a while ago that they will look into it. We were hoping to get a brand new fridge, but then we get a random call from a guy who said he was going to fix our fridge. So that surprised us. So I had to pull out all my cash to pay this guy. He spends two hours fixing one problem, just to find out that there is another problem. So the next day as well he spends another two hours fixing it.  So far we haven't had any issues with it. That's started our week.

Then towards the end of the week on Saturday, we were messing around a bit to decide on who would make a phone call when I get locked into our study room. This is a long story but I am making it short for the email. For some reason the handle wasn't working. So I had to take the entire handle off just to get myself out. As soon as I did that my companion throws an egg at me while I am all dressed in white shirt. So I get out of my egg soaked clothes and try to clean up when my companion comes back with more eggs. Thankfully he missed me but I accidentally locked my self back in the study room to escape the eggs. After all of this, (there was a lot more that happened) eggs were everywhere. On the wall, the ceiling, and even my bed. So that entire day we had to spend cleaning. I did not throw a single egg just to let you all know. So now we don't have a lot of eggs. 

Another crazy thing happened. We go visit this one less active who has helped us a ton with finding people to teach. At and around his house all the time are these little kids and they are so funny. Then they started to fight. These kids are 6, 7, 8 years old, and they were just having fun with it. It was so funny to watch these kids try and do round house kicks. They don't throw hands, they just try and kick each other. So we didn't feel too bad that we were enjoying this. One of the kids is the son of the member that we were visiting, and after the little fight he pulls out the primary hymn book. So we started singing primary song with these kids who still don't know how to speak or understand English very well. It was fun because they were really getting into it. 

Outside of those things, we continue to meet with Dominic and his friends and family. Transfers are this week so I will probably be leaving this week. It will be sad to leave all this area after spending 6 months here, but I can't wait to experience more of South Africa.

Elder Leuck

The photo is some of the aftermath of my companion throwing the eggs. The rest of the boarding looked like this. The other was a cool spot we found. We were completely surrounded by a storm with lightning and thunder but this one spot was nice and clear for a minute. Then the other is from the temple trip. One with outer district, the other with my comp, and the just me.






No comments:

Post a Comment