Monday, December 20, 2021

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "Elder Golden"

So this week has been interesting. Since it's December people are out partying, there have been lots of weddings, people visiting family and other things. So it's been hard getting lessons and successful visits because everyone has an excuse. 

In the beginning of our week we had our mission tour with Elder Golden. He is very interesting. Every time someone said anything, he had to get up and comment on everything and take ten minutes. So our three hour meeting actually took 4 with his extra long remarks/comments. It was awesome to hear from him and the things he taught us. 

We were supposed to have a Christmas zone conference and white Elephant gift exchange but because of the rise of covid cases, and a few missionaries have tested positive, we weren't able to have it. So instead this morning we went and played Golf. I never thought I would be playing Golf here in SA but they have it here. It's been way too long since I've played so I struggled, but I did have a couple good swings and puts to help us win in our game of scramble. It doesn't feel at all like Christmas here. It's been hot, rainy, cold some days. But it's been still great. 

Elder Leuck

We were not prepared to play Golf. That's why I wasn't in nice clothes. We were just in town when the others said they wanted to check out the Golf course. So after checking it out we decided to play. It was super cheap. 4 US bucks to play. Worth it even though we played in the rain the rain a bit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment