Sunday, July 11, 2021

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "Lockdown"

So the South Africa President has continued the lockdown for at least another two weeks so that really sucks. The first time I got to the area we started lockdown, now I think that by the end of the transfer I will finally finish the lockdown and can experience some actual time in the area and doing stuff in person. With all the lockdown stuff as well there have been lots of riots in some of the more major cities. So today our mission President just messaged everyone saying that we cant leave our boarding at all today. So that means I might have to live off of a couple ramen packets for a while because we cant go shopping. This last week has been pretty boring to be honest. You can only study the scriptures for so long till you find yourself taking a fat nap. Then there is only so much Facebook to be done and much of it is very redundant. We have been able to send a lot of referrals to people this week so that has been good. We do what we can with phone calls but other than that we aren't doing to much. At the end of each day though we have been getting together as a district (even though that probably isn't allowed) just to hang out, maybe play some cards or something. We are pretty much counting the seconds of each day. We did try to make our own South African food because we have to get the whole experience while here. So we made this food called Pap (pronounced pop). Pretty much it's like this side to anything. Imagine a more firm mashed potatoes that didn't have any source of flavor. That is pap. We had it with beans and chicken and it was really good. In fact the South African Elders in our district really enjoyed it as well. It is actually very simple to make. It's just water and maze meal. I don't think it's too hard to mess it up. Other than that not much else is happening. I also made sure this time that I am sending this email in my name and not my companions. 

James 1:3 "Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience."

No comments:

Post a Comment