I don't think I am ever going to ride a bike ever again. Last week on our way to Church, I get a flat tire. No big deal, we got a ride from the Zone Leaders from Church and we didn't have to much going so we walked. The next day, I buy a brand new tube and replace the popped one. As I am literally doing that, my front tire then pops. I then have to replace both tubes. The next day, we are on our way to an appointment and I get another flat. At this point I was done. We get a ride from a member back to out apartment and I borrow a bike from another missionary for the time being. We then dropped my bike off at the office and told them the issues I have had. Two days ago he replaced the actual tire and made it feel brand new. 2 hours after getting it back from repairs we are coming home from an appointment and I get my FOURTH pop. 4 pops in one week!! So I am turning in my bike and I never want to see that thing again. Luckily from what I have heard is that in South Africa they mostly drive or walk. So I don't have to worry about bikes any more when I am there. Other than the biking we have had a pretty good week. At one point we were just doing our Comp study when we get a call from our mission president. The first thing that he says is "Elder Braden, do you want to go to the airport with Elder Leuck." Turns out that Elder Braden is also leaving on the 24th to go to England his original assignment. So we now have a countdown of when we are leaving. We started telling people in our ward and we have scheduled so many lesson from telling them that we are leaving soon. For whatever reason most of them wouldn't be available to meet when we don't tell them that we are leaving. Funny how things work. We have been teaching this one kid for a little bit now and we were able to put him on date for baptism. He still has a lot to learn but at least he wants to be baptized. Unfortunately with us leaving in three weeks we really want him to be ready for that change as well going to church for the first time. We have also been teaching this one lady from Honduras and we feel like she will also be baptized as well. We found out that her mom and sister are already members and she loves reading the Book of Mormon. So unfortunately we won't be able to see any of them get baptized when we are here but they are progressing which is good. The weather here has been very brutal. The high for now on is all over 100 degrees. Sunday is going to be 111 🥵! That is going to be a terrie bike ride. Less than three weeks of enduring the eternal torment of heat here.
No comments:
Post a Comment