I dont know how people survive down here. This last week got to the high 90s 🥵. Its absolutely miserable. You sit in a car and bake to death or you're out in the sun and your just sweating through your clothes. We lost our car on Wednesday, which was the reason I wasnt able to email because we had to clean it out go to the office, then get my comp a bike, then plan our route for that day since we have bikes now. Now that we dont have a car, we bike through what feels like a blow dryer. So some good news though is that both my companion and I are staying in the same area for another transfer. So now I dont have to worry about a new area or comp this time. We can just keep our streak going. We also had our wards get rearranged. So before we had this ward that was five miles away from our other two ward so we lost that one. Thank goodness because that would be a long bike ride. But now we gained this other ward right next to our other two from our district leader who is pissed and that they have been teaching 4 people in this ward. So just because of the switch we gained 4 more people to our teaching pool. Six weeks ago we started with 0 being taught. We are up to 11 people now. We are also hoping to start teaching a couple more people as well probably by this next week. Although a few of ours though have been ghosting us lately and we haven't met with them recently. Even though it's been super HOT, we have had lots of service. Four straight days of mostly digging and shoveling dirt, rock and wood chips. Spent 11 hours during those four days in the middle of day doing most of that. But for some of the service was for this nicest non member couple I have met. They are the ones that gave us the blow dart gun. They have been out of town with Easter but they said they would want us to come back and to one finish the service (which is redoing their front yard) and to also share a message. So service recently had been coming in clutch with having people to teach. One night we were walking go knock some doors when there is a guy doing stuff in his car. We said hi and he totally freaked. He said "dont do that, I almost pulled out my gun." So far other than baking in the heat that's my near death experience in Arizona. The stories that the mission gives you. Our mission President has given us the option here to get the vaccine. Its available for anyone in Arizona age 16+ but that just makes it super hard to get because so many people are signing up for it. So missionaries are slowly getting the vaccine and they usually are able to get it by volunteering at a vaccine place. So at some point I will probably get it. Still waiting for my visa. My MTC comp is now in South Africa so hopefully it will be soon that I can get there, preferably before the 100+ heat comes because I dont know if I can do that for very long. P days now aren't even fun in this heat. We played spikeball for two hours in 90+ degrees with no shade last week and today pickleball, spikeball, ping pong, and cornhole for two hours. I am literally drying out. Coming from Washington to here I feel like a fish out of water, its that dry. Elder Rasband is visiting the mission this week so that will be cool to see and here from him.
No comments:
Post a Comment