Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

We enjoyed a beautiful Thanksgiving day with our little family.  The boys went and played football for almost 4 hours and had a blast.  The weather was absolutely perfect, close to 50 degrees and blue skies.

John wanted to try something new this year so he cooked a Rack of Lamb.  It was the first time that I ever had lamb, but I can say I wasn't a huge fan.  However, he did a great job with the marinade flavor and Isaiah and John really enjoyed them.  (Thankfully, I prepared a back-up ham.)

We also went around the table and said what we are grateful for, so let's see if I can remember what everyone said.  Sophia said she was grateful for her "squishy brain, the sun, moon, stars and jewelry".  Connor said he was grateful for his "body, the house, our family, friends" and a few more things I can't remember.  Isaiah said he was thankful for "food".  Of course we tried to get a little more out of him so that's when he started with the typical "family, house, cars, etc." 

Now the boys are watching the traditional Cowboy football game and hopefully we can dig into a few pies a little later.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment