Tuesday, September 25, 2012

More Football & Soccer & Urgent Care!

We had more games over the weekend and the boys played extremely well.  Connor's soccer team did fantastic and he fished the game as "Rover" and was very tired when he was done.  I never thought Connor would be the aggressive type, but he's getting the hang of it and is not afraid to take the ball from someone.

Isaiah did well too and played against a TOUGH team.  The team they played is new to our league and they killed us 60 to 0.  Yep... we didn't even put numbers on the board.  But Isaiah was one of the few on our team who had a decedent run and gave us 11 yards for a first down.

And to top it off, last night, while we were watching Isaiah at football practice and waiting for Connor to go to soccer practice, Connor decided to sit down on one of the old picnic benches at the field.  He was wearing his shorts and SLID across the old bench and got a HUGE sliver in the back of his leg.  He jumped up so fast and I could see a big piece of wood sticking in his leg pretty deep.  We raced home and I tried to do everything I could with my needle, tweezers, etc, but it was way too deep for me to get it.  So.... Connor, Sophia and I spent 2 hours in Urgent Care to remove a splinter. 

(I know what your thinking.... YEP... It would happen to Connor!)  The Dr. had to numb the area first (because it was so deep) and they had to cut it open to remove it.  When they showed it to us, it was over 1/2 inch long and real wide.  Thankfully no stitches required, just a little of that dissolving glue and some antibiotic cream.

This has definately been our year for Dr.'s.  (Knock on wood!)

No comments:

Post a Comment