Last year my family and my brother Jay drove out to Utah to spend some time with family.
After a long night of driving, we decided to stop for some breakfast. We were just North of Ogden UT, and found a Denny’s right off the freeway. YUM! We walked in, the waitress seated us at a table, but before I could sit down, I needed to make a trip to the little girls room. The bathroom was fairly clean and there were two stalls which were both available. I took the one farthest from the front door, closed the stall door, laid down the toilet seat cover and proceeded to go. A second later, someone else entered the bathroom and took the stall next to me. I’ve always look at people’s shoes when I am in a bathroom stall, call me crazy, but I like to see what shoes people are wearing.
These particular shoes in the other stall, however, were a little different. First, they weren’t very girly. Not to say that all girls should have girly shoes, but these were very masculine shoes. Second, the shoes were facing the wrong way for a lady to be going to the bathroom.
The other thing I noticed immediately is that the sound of the ‘pee’ hitting the water from the stall next to me was VERY loud. Most of you ladies know that when girls ‘tinkle’, it’s typically very quiet because we are closer to the water. Those of you who know the sound of a man ‘peeing’, know it’s a little louder because they are further away from the water in the bowl.
So to summarize, in the stall next to me was a pair of manly shoes facing the wrong way, and a very loud ‘tinkle’ sound.
I finished what I needed to do and proceeded to wash my hands, when the other stall opened, and to my surprise I was standing face to face with my BROTHER Jay in the women’s bathroom. The first words out of his mouth were “Are you in the men’s room?” “No!”, I answered. “Am I?”, he said. “No!”, I responded. I could not help myself and I burst out laughing. My brother Jay is one of kind. We both washed our hands, and exited the women’s restroom together to sit down and have some breakfast.

This is a picture of my brother Jay when he was much younger (obviously). He is such a cute kid. I hope my kids can inherit some of his fun loving personality.
No comments:
Post a Comment