I spent the weekend in my own private room overlooking the Snohomish Valley. Of course, it's not how I planned to spend my weekend or wanted to spend my weekend, but I was there.
A routine Dr. appt discovered that my red blood cells, platelets & iron were dangerously low, so they admitted me to the hospital. I had 2 blood transfusions, 2 iron infusions, lots of fluids, an ultrasound and the best part... a bone marrow biopsy.
I got some preliminary results back on July 24 saying my bone marrow is hyper cellular which means there are cells in there that are not supposed to be there, and she confirmed that they found a bone marrow malignancy, which basically means cancer. She repeated that this was not an official diagnosis, but Leukemia is a blood cancer that originates in the blood & bone marrow. Now I have to wait until August 14 to get the final results and talk about a treatment plan.
No comments:
Post a Comment