Monday, October 25, 2021

Isaiah's Missionary Letter "13 months"

Sorry I didn't write last week. We were having some phone issues. But this Wednesday we find out about transfers. It's going to be another big transfer because we have about 20 more brand new missionaries coming and 10 brand new areas opening up including the country Lesotho. So there is a good chance that I might leave, but because my companion is new and has only been here for a month I might also stay. I don't know at this point. I feel like I might leave because I've been here for a couple transfers, but everyone else says that I am staying. Anyway, we still haven't had the other two kids baptisms because the mission just changed the rules. When church wasn't happening here we still were able to baptize people like Siyanda, if we had a member come with us to lessons. Since church has begun, now we have to have them come to church at least a couple times. Now that isn't that hard because they do want to come. The thing is they have only one way to get to church and that is through the member who is kind of less active and doesn't always come to church. So we have to still wait till they start coming more regularly before the other two kids get baptized. But we have also taught some other kids as well and they also want to get baptized as well. Then we also have this guy that we are teaching and he said that he wants to join the church and be baptized as well. So that is 5 people that are pretty close to getting in the water for baptism. We have been able to stay pretty busy which is always nice. In the mornings we park our car in our area and walk around trying to still find these in active members. We still aren't supposed to tract or street contact, but people come to us and stop and talk to us, so we have been able to find lots of people that way. I have now been out for 13 months which is crazy to think that I have less than a year. I am also one of the oldest in my district. There is only one elder who is older and he's only been out for 14. So it's weird to think that I am "old" on the mission. It doesn't really seem like it. But it's been really fun and the work has been really good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment