Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Haircut, a Swish and Holy Duck!

Sophia finally decided it was time to cut her hair. We’ve been talking about it off and on for several months… mostly when we brush her hair after bath time. So last week we were in the grocery store and she said “Mom, I want to cut my hair today”. So before she could change her mind, we got our groceries, drove to the salon and they took 7 inches off her hair. I was a little nervous she might not like it, but she LOVES it! Everyone says it makes her look so much older too. YIKES! Maybe that wasn’t the look we were going for. Thankfully, it will grow again.
 
Before

After
 
Connor had a basketball game last Saturday and played extremely well. The coach has been putting him in as point guard, so he’s been practicing his ball handling and did a really good job during the game. He also made a basket, so when I complemented him after the game by saying “Connor, nice shot”… he looked at me with his head slightly turned and said “Mom, it was a swish!!!” Like DUH, I knew that! Little stinker!

And finally, John went Duck hunting on Saturday. I guess this time I can actually call it Duck hunting because he came home with a duck. Usually I tell the kids that Dad went hiking with his gun and big bag of duck decoys because he comes home empty handed. I don’t know who was more excited, John or the kids. John was showing the kids the HOLE in the ducks head where he shot it.  Then he and the boys cleaned it, sautéed the meat and heart and ate it all up. Yep… all the boys tried the heart, but I just settled for a small piece of the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment